Let's get to know each other in less than 5 minutes. This blog will teach you how to use HTML forms to interact with web generated graphic figures, 2D and 3D.
- HTML page interactivity : experience the famous "alert" function. You can start to play with the alert function on codepen
- HTML Server side processing : that's what we call AJAX, and you'll find that it's a feature you can't live without
Alternatives : host forms vs forms as a service
- typeform saves you time on multi step forms : one question at a time
- google forms is well known form maker integrated in google collaborative framework, you can group work on a form
Prerequisites : What level is required ?
You will obviously need to know a little bit about basic software developements techniques like
You show know
- a little HTML coding : create, edit and view a simple HTML page with basic tags like
You will learn
- OOP - Object Oriented Programming, means working with reusable classes and objects. Great fun.
Requirements : what hardware / software do I need ?
You will need a good or not so good computer, requires only to browse the internet with
- Chrome and / or Firefox, search engines, and a code editor.
- Code editor :
- I recommend Visual Studio Code because it is free
Code Editor Comparison : Visual Studio Code vs PhpStorm
|Feature||Visual Studio Code||PhpStorm|
|Local file versioning||❌ (*)||✅|
|File / Folder Comparison||❌ (*)||✅|
(*) this feature is available via extension, but this requires time for installation and testing.
Concepts you will learn
- User confirmation : use PHP server side processing to perform various confirmation related tasks : formatting and sending email, generating PDF or images, database recording
Languages and technologies you will learn
it is very difficult to decide on which technology to use. I will help you on that with a few criteria
Learning curve : the spped at which you learn is important, we provide you with common standard technologies that you can search on the internet and find solutions quick
Durability : you need to make sure the time and money you invest in learning and developing stuff on a specific framework can last years. In technical terms we like to rely on the LTS Long Term Support versions of any project, if available. Sometimes we like to test new features too on alpha or beta versions 🙂
For this reasons we have chosen a popular and yet evolving framework that you can rely on, a combination of these very nice technologies
Bootstrapfor front end display,
jQuery, for front end element manipulation, events and calculation,
PHPfor server side processing,
Mysqlfor database storing,
- and for more advanced projects :
Who am i
Well obviously I'm a guy who like to write.
I love to write stories, but also write strong and secure web based interactive site, configurators, applications, online ecommerce shops, that will last between 10 and 20 years. Yes that can happen to a server near where you live (or work) 😀 .
What I have done
- Wine Growing calculator
- Swimming hat Configurator
- 3D gate configurator
- Invoicer : Automatic PDF generation